Cheap contact management software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by golfgirlgolf, Aug 19, 2015.

1. golfgirlgolf macrumors member

golfgirlgolf

Californian living on the other West Coast (FL)
    I'm looking for desktop contacts/leads/CRM - No cloud services that charge a monthy fee for the rest of your life. I can sync and share my own data just fine, thank you very much. Anyway, I digress. :)

The primary use is sales contacts, tasks, and following up etc. - so a simple address book just doesn't quite cut it. I could design something in Numbers, LibreOffice or in a Google Spreadsheet online, but it's tedious and not really functional for much other than storing the data. It would be cool to have something integrate with Apple Mail, but not necessary.

There's Daylite - but it's $300! :-/ At the same time - I'm also looking at small business accounting software options with invoicing, so maybe there's one that integrates everything? (I kind of like www.waveapps.com for this but it's awfully slow - just wish there were desktop version). Anyway it's a small part time business with a small budget. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't mind buying software, but not overly drawn towards really epensive software for part time use.

2. golfgirlgolf thread starter macrumors member

golfgirlgolf

Californian living on the other West Coast (FL)
    For now, I guess I've answered my own question and decided to go with BusyContacts - despite the completely cheesy name - this stuff is actually pretty good! When you put in a contact it auomatically finds all your emails and lists them in a pane right in the contact window so you have an immediate record of everything. That's gold to me. Date/Time stamps, notes, sortable tags, drag/drop link to files on your system in the card - it may not be the gold standard in CRM but for a small business it works for me - YMMV.

I was really convinced when I found a way to get it inexpensively -

BusyMac BusyContact BusyCal $37 bundle or individual deal - limited time work around...
    Just thought I would share and hopefully help someone else looking for this -

BusyContacts & BusyCal are $50 each or $80 if bought together.
    THIS deal gets them both for $37. When it runs out there may be other similar tactics though... get BusyCal first, cheap - then sidegrade.

Forgetting the other software in this for a moment - StackSocial has a bundle right now that includes BusyCal for roughly $7. HERE - https://stacksocial.com/sales/pay...mac-bundle

Once you get that, you're eligable for buy a BusyContacts sidegrade - for $30! [busymac.com]

Total = $37

The Calendar piece I didn't really care about, but it interfaces nicely with the CRM for scheduling and tasks and you can hook in your iCloud, Yahoo, Google, OSX calendars etc.

http://www.busymac.com/index.html