Cheap Displays with Gaming Capabilities

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pendulousphallu, Aug 21, 2010.

1. pendulousphallu macrumors newbie

Hello folks,

First post here, I've been an occasional lurker since the time I bought my first Apple computer four or so years ago.

I loved my iMac dearly, but since Steam has hit our platform I've come to realize that 1 GB or RAM and an older video card are not enough for me to enjoy gaming.

Since I'm but a lowly student, I opted for an older Mac Mini. I just purchased my new machine today and I need a display to go along with it.

Its specifications are as follows:

Model Number: #MC239LL/A; which means no HDMI port and an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M card.

However much of the above information is relevant I can't be sure.

I'd like to request this of the knowledgeable, charming and handsome community: Which monitor would perform best with the lowest cost? Are there any models out there that could be recommended for gaming on a budget?

I apologize for my glaring ignorance and neon green horn, but I've never really shopped for a display before. I have no idea what I'm looking for. I have no idea what in the advertisements are features which I want and what is tossed into those feature lists are silly weasel words that don't genuinely reflect quality.

Thanks for tolerating my nonsense!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. pendulousphallu thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, sorry for forgetting to include that.

I'm looking at something either 19 or 20 inches. I'd be willing to go for something 17 inches if the cost of the larger displays is too high.

4. pendulousphallu thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't know if it matters, but I do have a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter.

5. pendulousphallu thread starter macrumors newbie