Cheap, Durable, and Good-Sounding In-Ear Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Alphabetize, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

With all the rumors of the next generation iPhone having no headphone jack, I've thought about it, and I'm not entirely appalled by the idea of not having the headphone jack, *IF*... there was a replacement for my favorite headphones that I have been using for the last few years.

The headphones I have been using in recent years are the these Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphones: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM8008?keywords=headphones&qid=1452205377&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I have found these Panasonic ones to be incredibly cheap, very durable (surviving the washer and dryer a couple of times) and they are pretty good sounding to me! I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I have been pretty happy with the audio quality of them, and they have really great bass.

I'm pretty much looking for a Bluetooth equivalent of these headphones.
    1. Cheap. $5-$25
    2. Durable. Possibly survive a washer and dryer.
    3. Pretty good audio quality
    4. In-Ear Style

2. dyn macrumors 68030

Sadly those requirements are not very realistic. Bluetooth headphones already go from about 50 to about 200 USD and electronics still don't survive washer and dryer (you are very very very lucky if they do). Increase the budget, leave out the "survive washer and dryer" and you'll have quite some headphones to choose from.

Also don't forget that it is still a rumour and it is very early days before any iPhone announcement. Things might be very different. They might also come out with a 3.5mm to Lightning adapter. If you want to go bluetooth then do keep in mind that bluetooth is here to stay. It is better to invest in a high end bluetooth model that you can use for several years than to buy the cheapest one. You can use it now and you can use it in whatever iPhone model follows this year, next year, etc. In the end that'll be cheaper.