Cheap(er) UK Retailers for Macs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vexecuter, Apr 19, 2010.

1. vexecuter macrumors newbie

Any recommendations other than the Mac Store?

V.

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

not so's you'd notice lol england is land of the premium Mac price, only place cheaper then apple is 2nd hand on ebay, and even then it wont be much, if at all ;)

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you have access to the education store than that is the obvious place for cheap(er) macs. If not then have you looked at the refurb store?

4. htg macrumors regular

The cheapest place to buy Macs in the UK is Dixons Travel. It's tax free so it's about 50 to 100 pounds cheaper than normal retail stores.

Here's the link:
    http://www.dixonstaxfree.co.uk/

My Mom got her Macbook cheap at dixons travel.

5. mactrack10 macrumors newbie

I bought my last MacBook Pro there last year and saved the full 15% VAT. I am going on a business trip from T5 in just under a fortnight, travel restrictions permitting, and want to buy the latest MacBook Pro 13" but their website does not list any of the newly released models. I know the new 13" is not available at other DSG stores yet and wondered whether it would be in two weeks time. Anyone know?

Also the discount they are currently offering on their MacBooks does not equate to the full 17.5% VAT reduction this year. The title of Dixons Tax Free is somewhat misleading as VAT is paid on most goods, unless the item is personally exported outside of the EU, however the discount is still worth having.

6. mbpjohnson macrumors member

I was just over in Italy and geez you poor people get taken by apple. A 17 inch mbp was 2200 euro which would make it almost 3000 us. It is 2200 us over here which would only be 1600 euro what a deal. Sorry no help on a deal but I could not believe prices over there.

Phil

7. a0911091837 macrumors member

The price in UK is a rip off.... I wish I can move to live in USA if possible... :D

8. spacedcadet macrumors regular

For Mac Pro only

Nehalem Mac Pro base model £1699 at Comet. You can get an extra 3% cashback by signing up for Quidco and going to Comet through them.

Apple list price is £1940 for the same Mac.

No idea how this is possible, I don't think the MBPs at Comet are any cheaper than Apple....

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/529052/APPLE-MACQ-CORE-MB871

9. Igantius macrumors 65816

Cancom and Lanskys seem to be doing the same...

10. JNickyJJ macrumors member

apple store with edu discount [​IMG] or like tax free shops like dixon travel