Cheap FB-DIMMs in UK ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Gonk42, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Gonk42 macrumors 6502

2. mistuk macrumors member

Not heard of them, but it does seem really cheap. I've not got a MacPro yet, but planning on getting one really soon. Let me know if you take a punt on this memory.

Regards,

Kev

3. Gonk42 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've not yet got my Mac Pro (getting it is tied in with a reasonable source of memory in the UK as I want to run multiple programs which will require more than the base 2GB).

If I do risk the PCWorld RAM I'll report back. I'd feel a little happier if it had a picture so we could see what sort of heat spreader it uses.

If nothing else, a bit of competition might make Crucial reduce their excessive prices.

4. mistuk macrumors member

There were some posts on here about a couple of suppliers in Germany who seemed quite reliable - the memory they were supplying was EXACTLY the same as the stock 2GB already in the MacPro (I've bought music gear off one of them in the past), but admittedly I'd rather buy in the UK if at all possible.

I'll also be running apps that could do with access to more than 2Gb (Logic Studio, Photoshop CS3, Aperture)....and more disk space.... and another 24 inch display..... and
    :)

Kev

5. rob finch macrumors member

I bought 2 of these from Music Store in Germany, total £161 delivered. Arrived within a few days and installed and running fine.