Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ollie N

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Hi,

I have FCE and I want a camcorder for $250 or less it does not have to be HD but it would be preferred

Thank You!:D

bairda

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
You can probably get a used or refurb Canon HV10 or HV20 for ~ that price.

These are very good HDV based camcorders. Output @ 1440 x 1080i (HDV standard) is excellent. It even has 24p if you want to go for the film "look".

You will need to check any used units carefully as they are tape based and the heads do wear.

Good luck!
-Alex-

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Do as Bairda says. The Canon's are pretty nice, nice big sensor so you have enough light (well more than the cheaper around there for $250). Any camera will record nice outside when the sun shines. But when it's night and you're in your living room with all the lights on, most consumer camera's don't record that nice. So the canon probably will do better. Also you can adjust a lot manually. It's HD. It's HDV, so no AVCHD and converting that into AIC (which FCE will do). Most consumer camcorder have AVCHD but it's too compressed to edit natively, so it always get converted with mac edit packages (iMovie, FCP FCE).

Ollie N

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Where can i find them

You can probably get a used or refurb Canon HV10 or HV20 for ~ that price.

These are very good HDV based camcorders. Output @ 1440 x 1080i (HDV standard) is excellent. It even has 24p if you want to go for the film "look".

You will need to check any used units carefully as they are tape based and the heads do wear.

Good luck!
-Alex-

where can i get one of theese for $250 because all i can find is $500 does no matter which one

bairda

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
where can i get one of theese for $250 because all i can find is $500 does no matter which one

I did see a couple on ebay for that price last week. Gone now. Craigslist would also be a good source.

Sorry that I can't point to an immediately available one, but I have definitely seen them in that price range.

Patience and good luck are on your side!
-Alex-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.