iPad Cheap iPad Air Case Available (Birmingham UK)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Stageshoot, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Stageshoot macrumors regular

Stageshoot

Just thought this may be of use if anyone in the Midlands (UK) is in need of a cheap / secure case for the ipad air. (There are not many availableat the moment).

I dont like the ones apple had in the store I am constantly taking my iPad in and out of a bag for work and find the screen gets marked as the apple cover moves, and as there is of course a distinct lack of 3rd party cases out yet, I was suprised to find this one available yesterday (2nd Nov)

BIRMINGHAM RAG MARKET for £5 (On the phone accesory stalls there)

(I know only useful fro anyone in the Birmingham area)

Folio Case with decent magnetic clip in Black / White or Pink

Just a cheap case to keep things safe until the 3rd party manufacturers get upto speed and stocks arrive. and for a Fiver not going to break the bank.

Alongside my existing Purple iPad 3 case that takes a battering at work
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With my iPhone 5s case
    [​IMG]

2. dtuck90 macrumors member

Thanks a lot, I might pick up one of these tomorrow

3. weckart macrumors 68040

Hard to see from the photos how the iPad is secured to the case. Is it just corner grips? The side view with the volume buttons seems to suggest a slide in envelope cover but the third and fourth photos look like an uncovered base where the lightning port is. The sixth photo shows no vinyl covering the bezel but possibly side grips like a snap in case.

4. Giuly, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

5. weckart macrumors 68040

I had already ordered that from the same supplier for £1.57. Delivery is not for at least another week and I suspect may never materialise if what other dealers are doing pans out (bumping up their Amazon profile).

6. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The iPad Air has been out for a couple of days, and it takes some time for the Chinese manufacturers to adjust the cases to the actual dimensions, ramp up production and ship them to the UK.

7. weckart macrumors 68040

Yes, I understand this, although the dimensions have been out for a while, which is why Belkin, Targus and the no-brand sellers at the Rag Market among others have cases already. The local phone case trader here in Sutton Coldfield says he is getting his stock in tomorrow.

Have a read of this thread and see what you think