Cheap iPhone Chargers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ghsNick, May 20, 2013.

1. ghsNick, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

2. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Judging by both the pics and the price, I'd guess that these are not official apple chargers. Have one right next to me and the USB bit is a good deal longer than it appears in the photos (the original apple charger, the white part on the USB end is a hair longer than the metal bit....and both the metal and plastic are longer on the original). The plastic on the lightning end appears shorter too...and the sheath around the cable looks different as well. Now again, that's just judging based on possibly poor quality photos...but at 8 bucks a piece, I'd say these are unlikely to be the original cables.

That having been said, at 8 bucks, it might be worth ordering one and seeing how ya do - minimal investment, minimal risk etc. Worst case scenario you threw away 8 bucks. Best case scenario you have an extra iphone cable.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Cheap iPhone Chargers

You can order it but i recommend that you can see if you can return the cable if it does not work. I would get the amazon basic cable for $14 and plus you get amazons warranty with replacements.
    AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable (3 Feet/0.9 Meter)
    http://amzn.com/B009SYZ8OC

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

----------

Tell us if you order it and how it is when you receive it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

$4 right now. Minimum order of 2. 5 Hours remaining to order.

Good enough for me. :)

5. DannyDrama macrumors regular

People have blown phones up and been electrocuted with fake chargers. A simple google search and recent news reports will tell you that. Why spend £520 or the equivalent and then getting a ****** £2 charger?

6. Nickeejamz macrumors newbie

Do not purchase !!!
    I seen it on fb and I bought 3 last Thursday and it has not been sent to me. And I had sent an email to the dealyup support and they said it was delivered to me which is a lie !
    And not only that but I had seen that these chargers are not even the real kinds, they are fake that's why they're so cheap. Don't fall for it like i did ! Lol

7. nilzi, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

nilzi macrumors regular

never buy fake iPhone accessories or parts on the illegal onlinestore, or it may endanger our life.

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Going to add on to that:
    Don't buy any fake electrical accessories.