cheap iphone or fake iphone????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roozbehk, Aug 29, 2010.

1. roozbehk macrumors newbie

hi everyone

in one of the persian forums i saw this advertising
    cheap iphone 4 :

Code:
    you can buy an iphone 4 under the apple store price.
    it is unlock factory and new. but there is no accesories in the box. just an iphone 4.
    the iphone post from the apple company only to U.K , U.S and Australia 
    if you have some one in mentioned countries they can take it an re-post it for u.

here is one of the pictures he put on the advertise. its 3gs and seems new.
    [​IMG]
    he said the box of the iphone 4 is similar to this one.
    as u can see the box is very thin and as the box size, no accessories can fit in it.

so....
    in the start i thought this must be the refurbished. but i never see refurbished without any accessories.

what do you think about this? is this true or fake?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I've had one of those boxes before. When my first 3GS had to be replaced, Apple mailed me a replacement phone with no accessories in a box identical to that, with the replacement phone in a bag like in that photo. I had to put my old phone back into that same bag and box and mail it back (this is Apple's alternative to visiting a genius bar for replacement, but they put a hold on your credit card too). I'd stay away from this to be honest - there's no legit way that they should have a box like that permanently in their possession (unless it was swapped at a Genius Bar and the genius let them keep the box, even though I was never allowed to after my second replacement).

So technically it's a legit box and all, but one that's designed for replacement devices (hence no accessories in the box).

3. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

I have three of those boxes. Up here in Canada, they send you two boxes, a black one like that, and a white one saying apple care iPhone replacement, that you put the iPhone in and send back... It's probably legit, but there are risks with everything.

4. roozbehk thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry my english is not good enough too understand all of your words. if i mistake correct me plz.

consider on your words, this is the replacement phone. and you must give back your broken phone to them.
    so this is fraud. i think when you want to buy this phone from them( i mean cheap iphone seller ), they ask for your credit card and address. after that they register an broken phone in apple and gave them your information. apple send you a brand new phone. you think woooow. i got a cheap iphone. but after several weeks, apple charge your credit card for the phone that not returned ( in other word, the phone that not exist) and you pay for 2 iphone .
    am i correct?

5. roozbehk thread starter macrumors newbie

in the correct trade yes it is legit. you ask for new phone and you must return your broken phone.but what happens when the apple never receive your broken phone?