Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
What can I expect to pay for a legitimate copy of Flash CS4 (Mac)? Is there a place that sells it at a good discount?

I'm not a student. I want to get a legit copy. And I want to pay as little as possible. I see, e.g., that Amazon has it for $670, which isn't much off retail. Is that as good as it gets?

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Unfortunately, in most cases the best price is the educational price and even then that could differ between schools.

Just some ideas
- I've heard that when ordering online through the Apple Educational store, they often times don't double check to make sure you're actually a student.

-You could always sign up for a class at a JC, get a student ID and grab a copy of Flash. Then just drop the course before the deadline passes for refunds. A bit of a hassle, sure, but the savings could be worth it.

-Ask a friend? Maybe someone you haven't talked to in awhile is back at school, or perhaps maybe his/her kid is going to school.

-ebay

-craigslist

iSee

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
Thanks for the ideas...

I considered manipulating the student program, but if I didn't actually intend to take a course, I might as well pirate the software.

I guess I want to make sure I'm not paying a significantly higher price than others, but it doesn't seem like there are big discounts commonly available.

Thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.