Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
India
Was thinking of getting an Incase Hardshell and Moshi Palmguard for my black macbook. Does the Incase Shell make the macbook look bad in any way? I mean, does it look like cheap material?

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Im my experience, all cases for any Apple products take away from the beauty of them. However, its a compromise. You need to give a little to get a little -- i.e. for protection and longevity, its wise to get a protective case. :)

mhweiler

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
I got the BlackBook two weeks ago and just put the black Incase Hardshell on this weekend. I absolutely love it. Couldn't have asked for a better product to protect the computer without having to sacrifice size, weight and overall cosmetic appeal of an Apple product. I ordered the PalmGuard this weekend as well and I'm awaiting its' delivery. I'll follow up with a post about this when I get to test it out.

In the meantime, go grab yourself an Incase Hardshell... You won't regret it.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I got the BlackBook two weeks ago and just put the black Incase Hardshell on this weekend. I absolutely love it. Couldn't have asked for a better product to protect the computer without having to sacrifice size, weight and overall cosmetic appeal of an Apple product. I ordered the PalmGuard this weekend as well and I'm awaiting its' delivery. I'll follow up with a post about this when I get to test it out.

In the meantime, go grab yourself an Incase Hardshell... You won't regret it.

I bought a black hardshell for my white MacBook last night and I'm very happy with the results. Scratch protection, hardly an increase in size, nice feel, less prone to smudges (I just wipe off fingerprints) and, since it's translucent, the Apple logo has a "classy" glow through the shell...:)

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I bought a black hardshell for my white MacBook last night and I'm very happy with the results. Scratch protection, hardly an increase in size, nice feel, less prone to smudges (I just wipe off fingerprints) and, since it's translucent, the Apple logo has a "classy" glow through the shell...:)

Would you mind posting pictures of it... I really like to see what it looks like

mhweiler

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Got the Moshi PalmGuard tonigh and installed it on the BlackBook. Looks great, and feels great on the palms. It does a very good job of protecting the entire palm rest area and trackpad/button. I highly recommend this.

ironMonkey

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2005
snap on cases or guards are unnecessary. Just get a neoprene sleeve/case for when you have in your backpack/bag.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Pix: Black Incase Hardshell on White MacBook

As promised...

Attachments

• P1040820.jpg
    P1040820.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 207
  • P1040823.jpg
    P1040823.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 196
  • P1040824.jpg
    P1040824.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 187
  • P1040828.jpg
    P1040828.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 195
  • P1040832.jpg
    P1040832.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 153

pugple

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks for posting those.

You're lighting makes the shell look slightly purple but i'm guessing it's definitely a shade of black? The parts that are covered by the shell, can you tell that the Macbook is white?

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Thanks for posting those.

You're lighting makes the shell look slightly purple but i'm guessing it's definitely a shade of black? The parts that are covered by the shell, can you tell that the Macbook is white?

Yes, the lighting does give it a purplish tinge but it is a black shell. The portions that are covered do not give away that the MB is white...

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
which one is better? the INCASE or the SPECK one?

I would NEVER cover my BlackBook with anything!!! The only thing I use is a Moshi Palmguard.

Why buy a 1500$ mac and then cover it with something so ugly as the hardshells??? - I don't get it. :confused: Buy a Sleeve neopren for it, and you'll be covered.

I sure think that it is so stupid! - But that's just my opinion ;)

danzzz

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
LA
I would NEVER cover my BlackBook with anything!!! The only thing I use is a Moshi Palmguard.

Why buy a 1500$ mac and then cover it with something so ugly as the hardshells??? - I don't get it. :confused: Buy a Sleeve neopren for it, and you'll be covered.

I sure think that it is so stupid! - But that's just my opinion ;)

where did u get ur Moshi Palmguard and how much is it?
thanks

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
is that so far the best product for "bottom part" protection? cuz i see a few on ebay with cheaper price ($10), but don't know how the quality that is.

i think Moshi Palmguard looks like something with high quality tho.

Well... The thing on eBay looks like a "knock-off" of the Moshi. Look at the picture on eBay and then at the one from Moshi. They are similar but the one on eBay has been edited. And for a expensive computer I would'nt buy a "cheap-looking" "film" for my BlackBook. And yes the quality is quite nice on the Moshi. It's hard to tell that it is on:)

- Maybe someone could post a picture of it. I don't have a camera or cellphone so I can't but maybe another nice-guy :D

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
India
Contacted Apple Store.. They said they would replace the top shell for free as its still under warranty :) No need of a hard shell for me, as I have warranty for three sweet years (coutsey Apple Care, which btw I got for free as I knew some guys from Apple).

Gonna buy the Moshi though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.