Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

italiano40

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
NY
anyone know where i can get a cheap MBP, i want to just put use boot camp to put windows on it then to delete the mac OSX part and just run windows on it, any ideas where to get a cheap MBP

stealthninja

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2006
MI
amazon usually has pretty good prices with rebates, but nowhere is going to be "cheap" the most you'll probably save is 20% at most. apple refurbs are a good choice as well.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
yup ebay

cheapest on amazon is 1799

or get an apple referb...speaking of which why cant i find the apple referb store anymore...anyone?

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
i think cragslist is the cheapest, look for those brand new sealed deals...

Actually if you want cheap, and just to run windows (XP, I hope) then try to find a really cheap Core Duo one, if you're lucky you might be able to get a 1.83 (probably no longer with AppleCare) for around $1000.

italiano40

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
NY
Actually if you want cheap, and just to run windows (XP, I hope) then try to find a really cheap Core Duo one, if you're lucky you might be able to get a 1.83 (probably no longer with AppleCare) for around $1000.

yea i am going to installer windows xp and make it into a moblie teamspeak channel and server for my games, but now i am think of buying a cheap G4 and putting linux on that, so then i can use LAMP and have a web sever too plus all the above

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.