Cheap MBP on Amazon...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xxbabysalasxx, Mar 6, 2011.

1. xxbabysalasxx macrumors newbie

periodically ive been seeing 2010 15in MBP sell for under $800. Not just once, many times!!:confused: I was able to get a response from two different sellers telling almost the exact same thing about the macbook. " Reason i am selling it used is, the box has been open but the laptop has not been used." weird. I asked several question about why they were selling it for so cheap and never gave me a good enough reason. Unfortunately feed back about sellers on amazon isnt as detailed as Ebay. I wanted to know if anyone else would bite the bullet if given the chance... "Base 2010 MBP 15in for $750" What do you do? Especially, when you really need a new macbook!! I just recently saw a used 2010 macbook going for 400!! MADNESS!!! If go on amazon right now, search "macbook pro" look at the used sale prices on every machine and i am sure youll see one pop up from time, to time. I really want to! but i am afraid of getting scammed. :eek:

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Just go to your local apple store and buy a new one. Who likes used electronics?

3. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

If it's too good to be true...

4. xxbabysalasxx thread starter macrumors newbie

i would buy a new macbook from apple, but at 750! its an impulse buy! Before the refresh i was shopping around online for MBP so i looked on amazon and saw more than one selling for $700! How can you pass on that!?!? The seller did offer a 30 return policy but i still was unsure... :confused:

5. vant macrumors 65816

You pass on it because you don't want some guy in nigeria with your money.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

if it's too good to be true then it's a scam.

7. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

+1

it certainly is a scam i wouldnt even consider for a second. unless you go buy a prepaid visa card so it is not linked to any of your other info. lol

8. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I'm going to side with everyone else here... If it's too good to be true...

Better safe than sorry.

9. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

whats the cheapest you've seen a mbp go for?

i saw one for £800 new

10. themac23 macrumors regular

There was a guy selling a bunch of used ones on there about 1 month ago at great prices. He actually was a reputable seller and had a lot of feedback. It looked as though he sold mostly textbooks. I bought one and three days later I receive an email from Amazon telling me the sale had been cancelled because the seller would not accept payment through them (Amazon) which is the only way you can sell on Amazon I believe.

Sooooo.....to good to be true.