Cheap mini display port to VGA adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by countrykid333, Feb 3, 2009.

1. countrykid333 macrumors member

After purchasing the alu. macbook, I find my self buying all the necessities: again. quit frankly its getting old. It does seem like most apple computers are what some might call overpriced to begin with, but I am ok with that; you get what you pay for and i don't mind paying the mac tax. But as I purchase the odds and ends required to use my computer in the real world, it seems as if apple is taking advantage of the fact that our computers lack some of the hardware to connect with to overhead projectors, etc. (as most PCs can). I mean $29.99 for a 3 in. piece of plastic and wire???

I was just wondering if anybody has found an alliterative source for adapters?
    A quick google search turned up nothing.

thanks

*rank over*

2. Gleadr macrumors member

Gleadr

I dont think that there are any out right now for the mini display port. Didn't apple decide to make it an industry standard out of nowhere?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

monoprice.com for ALL cables of ANY sort. They have Mini DisplayPort to VGA and DVI right now. *looks* Well, SOMEONE has it somewhere. There is a third-party solution already... monoprice still rocks... :p

Also, if it's so easy, why didn't you wire up a VGA plug and a Mini Displayport plug on your own and cross all of the wires to their respective pins.

Heck, you make it sound as easy as end-capping Cat7...

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Where did he say it was easy? I do believe his rant was about how Apple seems to be gouging customers on all the added accessories needed to connect to basic vga projectors and other such devices. I'm sure the OP would have been just fine if Apple didn't charge as much for their adapter.

As Tallest Skil mentioned, monoprice has them listed for $13.30, but they are back ordered...

5. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

They do not have them. :rolleyes: They have been on back order since the middle of January and it does not look like they will ever get them.