Cheap Mini DisplayPort to VGA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dozerrox, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

I need to get a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter for my new MacBook Pro, but I know there are much cheaper ones about than the ones Apple sells.

Ideally, I'd like a single cable (rather than an adapter to plug a seperate VGA cable into) for a little less clutter on my desk, but if there's no decent solution I'll go with the adapter. I know most people recommend Monoprice.com, but I'm in the UK. Google brings up hundreds but I'd like a recommendation from someone who's bought one.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

2. Dozerrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? Loads of threads popping up with the new macbook frenzy!

3. Dozerrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys, but...

Anywhere in the UK please?

4. markp9114 macrumors member

i'm kind of scared to use monoprice after I saw this article on gizmondo last month

5. snouter macrumors 6502a

By all accounts they did an excellent job handling the situation.

6. lloydhooson macrumors member

I usually use ebay on these things. Not been stung by a non-offical one....yet

7. Dozerrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Ebay's a good idea. I was a bit worried about having the mini displayport being a bit fat and blocking other ports. Having a look now though.

Still would like a cable that goes to a male VGA, but doesn't look easy. They're even sold out on monoprice if I decided it's worth importing...

8. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

if your still worried about monoprice being safe, you could always use a virtual credit card/onetime use. Many credit card companies provide them for free

9. Dozerrox thread starter macrumors 6502

If you were buying on a credit card you'd be protected anyway wouldn't you? But still, they don't have them in stock at monoprice (didn't check over 6 foot cables). Shame cos think I'd import. They look ideal!

Edit: I think I might get one when they're back in stock. Still hoping someone can point out a solution in the UK though.

10. iamKamil macrumors member

iamKamil