Cheap monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eastmatt, Jul 20, 2009.

1. eastmatt macrumors newbie

eastmatt

Hello. I use my Mac/PC and Xbox all the time. (i never watch TV) But i hate having a TV for my xbox a monitor for my mac and my crappy pc monitor (i will continue to use PC untill they bring out Steam for the mac) I am looking into getting 2 identical monitors to duel screen which i can plug my mac and pc into each but also run my Xbox from when not useing the other. So i can either have PC/Xbox, xbox/Mac or PC/Mac.

If anyone knows of 2x good but cheap monitors for this would be very appriciated. Even just the one will be usefull at the moment.

:apple: Eastmatt

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Buy a nice 24 or 30 inch dell with a isps panel, you will get better viewing angels and get a xbox cable with a vga output or hdmi, the latter is better.

3. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

4. eastmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

eastmatt

5. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Vote for the Veiwsonic VX2260wm. Not for colour work (obviously) but for gaming its pretty rad. Pretty dang good MLG friend of mine has it and it works perfectly for him.

Also, if you can find them at a local retailer, get them there. Avoid the Egg for monitors (8 dead pixel return policy AFAIK)

Giving us a budget would be nice as well.

6. eastmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

eastmatt

7. eastmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

eastmatt

8. nanofrog macrumors G4

Any particular size you'd like to stick with?

9. eastmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

eastmatt

Between 22" - 28" really. Hate to be a pain also. But could you link english sites. it depresses me that them monitors are $180 which is the equivalent to about £90 yet they insist on charging us £200+ for them... :confused:

10. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

You tried froogle UK search? Try this or this for the Veiwsonic.

Also, if you can wait a few months, there's a rumor floating around that the Dell 2209WA is coming back into service in September. Not full HD, but great in every other aspect.

Also the "£200+"... is that with whatever taxes on top? IDK about UK tax and how large it is....

Also, slightly out of your price range, but the Hannspree 28" is also a good monitor from what I've heard. HannsG and I-Inc also make a version of this monitor.

Read reviews before you buy, my best advice.

11. eastmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

eastmatt

UK unemployment rose by a record 281,000 to 2.38 million in the three months to May, the Office for National Statistics has said.

Us in the UK pay enough tax so people dont even need to work. They can just live off the government...

Very sad indeed...

Sorry for off-topic. Im really loving all your suggestions.

Eastmatt