Cheap mp3 Player

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Frankf300, May 16, 2007.

1. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

OK, well I've decided to trade my nano listed in my sig for a Powermac G3 B&W, just because they're so sexy. It's the only iPod I have and I can't live without my music. Darn, impulse buying habits and the sexiness of the B&W. So, now I just want something to listen to my music on until I can afford to get another iPod. Problem is this: I would like it to work on my iBook and if at all possible have it sync with iTunes. Biggest problem: I'd like to stay right around $50 or less. I have tons of SD cards laying around so storage doesn't matter as long as it has a card slot. My current library is about 1.8gb. I saw the article posted on Apple regarding iTunes compatability, but I thought you guys might know of some more.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

What about a refurb shuffle? They're only $49!

3. Frankf300 thread starter macrumors regular

Frankf300

Yea, I was thinking that also, I guess I would only sync part of my library than. I kind of wanted some kind of screen, but that might be asking too much, considering :rolleyes: .

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

To work with iTunes, I think an iPod of some kind is your best option. To keep it under $50, a shuffle refurb might be your ONLY option....

Do the new Zen Stones work with iTunes (my instinct says no)?

5. Frankf300 thread starter macrumors regular

Frankf300

What about if for the time being I don't worry about iTunes compatibility. I can still use iTunes to listen while on my iBook. Will their be more options if I want an mp3 player that will show up as a USB mass storage device on my iBook so I can just drag and drop my music files in? Basically, the same way I plug in my USB flash drive and it comes up on the desktop, isn't there an mp3 player than can do that lol? Than I can just drap and drop the mp3 files to the drive, no?