BanterClaus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
UK
Ive been thinking about getting an iPad 2 for a while now and I thought I would just check ebay to see if I could get one any cheaper.

I found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-APPLE...s_eReaders&hash=item19c5c0b1e4#ht_5132wt_1156

its £60 cheaper than what Apple sells it for. I realise it says open box however it claims all contents are there unused (I'm guessing its been returned to a retail store). Just wondering if anyone has any advice about buying one like this. Will it be fully working? Will I still get an :apple: guarantee on it?

Thanks in advance...

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Will it be fully working? Will I still get an :apple: guarantee on it?

We aren't clairvoyant so nobody can tell you if it's "fully working." As for guarantee, you have whatever time is remaining on the 1-year original warranty.

Comment

DeeEss

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2011
I always question it when it is that much cheaper. When they sell as well as they do why would you sell it so much cheaper? For the sake of £60 I would rather buy it from Apple.

Comment

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Wonder if they are imports, they seem to be selling imported Canon Eos cameras (Rebel/Kiss models).

For only a £60 discount I'd stick with Apple (or any other UK retailer)

Comment

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Wonder if they are imports, they seem to be selling imported Canon Eos cameras (Rebel/Kiss models).

For only a £60 discount I'd stick with Apple (or any other UK retailer)

There aren't any "grey market" issues with iPads like there might be with cameras.

Comment

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I think it's real. He isn't losing that much money if he bought it in the US. He'd lose some on ebay fees, but it would get him some positive feedback.
Could be like part of a marketing budget?

Also, he has over 100,000 successful transactions. I would definitely trust him.

Comment

db123

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2011
Go for 32 gb from apple or other seller. The eBay one might be refurbished !

Comment

sphoenix

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
Trust it. There are people who seem like they're offering dodgy deals but they are more than likely giving you a 100% real iPad in unused condition. I bought a 32GB touch which was £50 cheaper than Apple back in January. It was from the same type of seller, plenty units sold and some genuine user reviews.

The iPod touch I received was just like you'd get from Apple. Only weird thing is that it came in a huge Amazon box for such a small product - so there you have it, they're probably doing some delivery workarounds and earning profit somewhere down the line.

Comment

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
In my book, if it's opened it's (psychologically) second hand. I'm sure it's legit, but I would rather spend 60 quid extra and get a sealed one. If you're not bothered about it being opened then go for it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.