Cheap PC Male to 3.5mm cables?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Abraxsis, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Anyone know where they don't require a Black Card with a million dollar limit to buy them? The one that came with my Cypersyncs broke tonight, and I thought I had another one but I can't locate it.

2. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Call PCB customer service and tell them it broke. I bet they'll send you a new one.

Paul

3. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

I dunno if they would have it but maybe monoprice.com? They have great prices but this seems like a specialty cable

if you're handy with a solder, you could probably roll your own for less money if you bought the needed parts.

4. Abraxsis thread starter macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Monoprice was the first place I checked, lol. No dice.

Luckily, I remembered I had two PC to 1/4" connectors that came with my monolights. Ill probably never use those so I just hacked off the end and spliced it onto the original cable. I probably could have fixed it but I was a little frazzled with homework so I just hacked/slashed my way to a fixed one. A positive is that the plug from the monolight cable is MUCH heavier than the one that came with the Cybersyncs.

I also found out that Paul C Buff has the lowest prices on these cables @ 5.95 each. Still a bit high IMO for a cable, but better than the 10+ that BH wants.