Cheap Scanner with Intel Mac Support?

dansgil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm getting a MBP soon and am also in the market for a scanner. I don't need anything too fancy, just something with decent quality, and of course, OS X (Intel) support.

Does anyone have an reccommendations (preferable under $100)?

Thanks

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors 601
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
dansgil said:
I'm getting a MBP soon and am also in the market for a scanner. I don't need anything too fancy, just something with decent quality, and of course, OS X (Intel) support.

Does anyone have an reccommendations (preferable under $100)?

Thanks
Canon Lide 60. Cheap, compact and works like a charm.

dansgil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, I was looking at that one. Does it work with Intel Macs?

I also saw on Canon's website that there is a newer LiDE 70, but unfortunately i can't find it anywhere in Canada.

Thanks for your help!

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors 601
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
The Lide 60E works great on my Intel Mini. The only problem I've ever had is that occasionally the program freezes up and I haven't been able to close it. This has only happened *very* occasionally though. What I really like about this is that its really slimlined.

dansgil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Spanky Deluxe said:
The Lide 60E works great on my Intel Mini. The only problem I've ever had is that occasionally the program freezes up and I haven't been able to close it. This has only happened *very* occasionally though. What I really like about this is that its really slimlined.

Thanks, I pretty sure I'm going to get this one. I can get is for $89.99 CAd at Futureshop.

Just one more question, what is the scan quality like, and have you had any experience with it's OCR capabilities?

Thanks