Cheap Shuffle Speakers for a Kid?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CodyPennant, Feb 20, 2008.

1. CodyPennant macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here, but I did search the forums pretty thoroughly before asking this question.

The new price was too hard to resist, so I bought my 10 year-old a shuffle for his birthday. Am I correct that the Dreamgear Mini Speaker is the only speaker option to also charge the 2nd generation shuffles? I just want to get something cheap to plug it into at night in his room and listen to on a low volume. I prefer something I can get with Amazon Prime shipping, but it's not essential.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Any of the speakers with dock connectors will work if you get the dock connector to Shuffle adapter (which is quite handy in its own right). Also, any of the USB 1G Shuffle systems should work, just use the Shuffle's dock with them.

TEG

3. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

My wife has the original shuffle, and found a small charger/speaker set from Altec Lansing that would fit your bill. She bought it at a brick and mortar (Shoppers Drug in Canada), which I would recommend to guarantee fit.

Otherwise, have a look around. These things are everywhere, if you're patient.

4. CodyPennant thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Is this the adapter you are referring to?
    http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Dock-...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203538298&sr=1-3

It bumps the price of anything I buy up by $15, but it does open up options. Thanks.