Cheap sleeve to get the job done?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Doju, May 14, 2010.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

I'm one of those people who hate covering up Apple's design prowess with some cheap junk all the time. I'd much rather transport it in a sleeve then have it naked when I use it.

But most people have just rebranded a netbook case and doubled the price. Is there any reasonably priced sleeves?

2. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

3. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

When's it's in the bag no one can see it, so... sure?

EDIT: Thanks, but I'm from Canada. Amazon no good. :(

4. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I got my case for 1 cent plus $6 shipping from Hong Kong and I've yet to find a reason to replace it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, it's a silicone cheapo but the front lip has a full centimeter overlap onto the front so it doesn't slip off. And it covers the edges of the screen protector of course, so it's great. The Apple on the back is protected by the thickness of the silicone so it remains scratch-free.

It was supposed to be temporary but again, I am in no hurry to replace it.

Instead I bought a super nice Kenneth Cole man-bag that it fits right into with ample room for my iPhone, wallet, keys and pens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I scored on the KEnneth Cole bag----$77 off for a total of $72!

Anyway, you easily remove the silicone cheapo and appreciate your ipad's beauty whenever you want.

5. dubweiser macrumors newbie

I bought this one..
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35535

It's not too bad for <$10. At first I thought it had a hole to plug in the charger, but I was mistaken, that cutout has a piece of cloth and its used to yank the sleeve off of the ipad. I was a little bummed at first, but charging in the sleeve isn't a big deal to me.