Cheap software, but is it a con?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phoenixblend, Aug 1, 2007.

1. phoenixblend macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been getting emails advertising really cheap software and I'm really tempted to get Flash CS3. But is it legal? Is it a con? Will I get nothing for my money and will I have to watch my back till Adobe catch up with me?

Advice would be appreicated. Any one used one of these companies?

Ta,
    PB

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It's either a con or it's piracy. Either way, it's not something we like to see here. ;)

If you have to ask why software is selling at 10% of its retail price, then its usually a con.

3. rijiMacDij macrumors regular

How Cheap?

Same old story, if it's too good to be true it probably is a rip off. I've been burnt with studio MX, ebay, was told it was legit, seller turned out to be using someone else's account to sell pirated copies. After emailing macromedia and finding out it was bent, I ran it for two years without any comeback from anywhere, but who knows what will happen these days.

One other concern would be that the 'sellers' are just phishing for you personal details or harvesting email addresses, again, who knows.

Best of Luck, BUD!

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If its so cheap that you posted a thread about it, it's probably a scam.

5. phoenixblend thread starter macrumors newbie

Good advice guys

Thanks - but its hard not to be tempted when its that cheap! I will restrain.

PB

6. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

You might as well download yourself in that case. Im not suggesting you should, but it would be a lot better than letting other people make money off work that is not theirs.