cheap sprint phone/wmwifirouter for ipod touch internet access

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alleyoop, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Alleyoop macrumors member

I am going on a short vacation and will need internet access on my iPod Touch. My Sprint phone just died and I need a new one that will work with WMWifiRouter so I can broadcast the wifi signal to my 3G iPod Touch 3.01. Can anyone recommend a cheapo Sprint phone that I can buy on eBay that will work?

2. darknyt macrumors 6502a

I have a Sprint Touch Pro - can you confirm how easy it is and what the quality of your connection is doing this??

I am itching to get a iPod Touch and use wmwifirouter to share internet access from my Touch Pro, but I'm not sure how well it really works.

Very interested to know.

3. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I do this with my Treo 800w. It takes a minute to get connected and it sucks the battery down pretty quick on the phone, but it works great.

4. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

Get a Palm Pre. It won't run WM, but there are tethering programs for it also, if you jailbreak it.

5. darknyt macrumors 6502a

FWIW, a small cab file enables ICS on my Sprint Touch Pro. Unlimited tethering here I come!

Not too bad either, tested speeds of 2mb down/500k up inside an office building off laptop.