Cheap vapor 4's on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macingman, Jun 4, 2011.

1. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I just picked up a genuine vapor 4 from an eBay seller for the cool price of $35AUD (37USD). I was going to buy a few months ago but thought the prices should go down soon and I was right. :cool:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You realize that its probably a counterfeit. The actual vapor 4s go for 80 bucks new.

3. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

I doubt it is counterfeit as the seller is a power seller with 99.8% positive feedback based in Sydney, if it is counterfeit I will get my money back with a PayPal claim anyway so it's worth a try.

4. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

5. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

I just wanted to post a quick follow up. I received the case as expected. It was perfect same quality as the original and even came with the exact same looking package etc. I have stopped using it though as it degraded my signal, I knew it would degrade signal somehow but 5 bars to 2 bars was just unacceptable, so I have switched back to the normal iPhone Bumper. It was a great looking case though and I certainly received a lot of complaiments for using it. Some people wanted to buy one and asked me for the details but I said I recommend they don't buy it due to signal degredation.

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

7. ADMProducer macrumors regular

Yes, well done; The one you have posted is a fake but the OP is talking about genuine vapor 4's (or extremely high quality fakes). I own a cheap one myself, it cost £18 and came packaged just like the real deal with the sharply cut finish of the original. The terrible fakes have a rounded cheap look.

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

9. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

Who cares if it's fake!
    Would you really pay $50 more just to have the real thing? It's a case, who cares if it's made by a fancy company?

10. anthonypay macrumors newbie

I would never buy a fake one, no matter how cheap it is.

11. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I got a Blade aluminum case on eBay for like $24.00

12. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If you bought it off eBay, "brand new," for less than half of what they retail for, it's a fake. I don't care how good you think it looks, but if you did an indepth side-by-side comparison to a legit case, you'd see withing a matter of minutes.

13. GT-R macrumors member

ive been to asia recently and there are alot of fake/immitation iphone cases, most notably:

more-thing
    element vapor
    mophie juice (the battery boost case)

and i recently ordered a case off ebay and compared to my legit case i was able to tell... the packaging looks legit, its even got the screen protectors and the right stickers, but they are missing certain things on the case here and there... of course if you dont have the real thing, u wont be able to compare it...

just sayin, be careful and you do get what you paid for... you WILL care that your case is fake when it breaks in half on you or something

that being said, paypal does protect you from fake cases...

14. JohnWinsome macrumors newbie

Vapor 4 NO More! Opsideo F4

I would rather pay for the Opsideo case that will be coming out soon which is like no other and cheaper than the Vapor case and actually contains real carbon fiber and made in the USA! Vapor is too over rated

15. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

If you read my follow up post you will see I knew it was fake by the time I received it and was perfectly happy with it in terms of quality, I dumped it due to signal degradation.

16. great high wolf macrumors regular

great high wolf

My fake Vapor is pretty shoddy in terms of milling and fit, but quite frankly, I paid £14 for it and don't honestly care. I've got my money's worth and it doesn't ruin the signal.