cheap way to get an iphone 4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sinaloa, Jan 24, 2011.

1. sinaloa macrumors newbie

ok so i live in washington state and currently on verizon and will be moving to california to live with my sister and finish high school she is on a family plan with her husband and they have unlimited txting and lots of minutes, they are on at&t and i plan on getting the 200mb data plan, so how much will i have to pay a month including the additional line and and data package and everything that might come with it, and will they need to renew their contract and how much will the iphone cost.

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Uh, run-on sentence much?

Okay, the "extra line" charge is $10. The iPhone data plan is $15. Yes, to get the iPhone at the cheapest price, you will have to commit to a 2-year service plan, which means that your line at minimum is committed. If your sister+hubby decide to switch before your commitment expires, they can drop their lines, but yours stays on, at at least $40+data a month.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You said that you currently have Verizon and plan to switch to AT&T when you move to California to live with your sister who has AT&T with Unlimited Text and a lot of minutes (??), but you didn't specify if you planed to join her account or get your own?

Assuming that you join your sister's account, before yesterday, adding an additional account to an existing plan was only $10 more a month, but as of today AT&T has raised it to $35 more a month (from whatever your current plan is).

So your looking at $35 plus $15 for a 200mb data package (texting is shared with a family plan), thats $50 plus additional taxes and monthly fees (that varries per state).

If you plan to get your own account, then it would be $40 for the minimum voice plan, $15 for a 200mb data plan and $10 for 1,000 text message, so a total of $65, plus additional government taxes and monthly fees (that varies per state)

4. sinaloa thread starter macrumors newbie

so if we all stay with att for another 2 years we just need to pay about $25 +tax and the 200 of the iphone?? and thanx.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^ Doesn't seem quite right to me.
    I thought the discounted iPhone was for contracts that paid full price.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

$36+$15+tax per month

iPhone 4 with a 2 year contract

16gb $199
    32gb $299

engadget 1/21/11
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/19/atandt-tweaking-messaging-plans-killing-some-upgrade-discounts-r/

7. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

^That's for activation, not the per-month rate.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I apologies, I mis-read that and you are correct.