Cheap way to get MS Office on multiple laptops without an annual subscription?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matasar, Jan 22, 2016.

1. matasar macrumors newbie

Unfortunately find that I need to get MS Office on two laptops. I've been trying the web-based free apps, but they're just too limited. I really would hate to have to pay an annual fee indefinitely, but can't find an easy work-around to get Office on two separate mac laptops without buying it twice. Any advice?

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Those are your only choices.

If you shop around, you can get a year subscription to Office 365 for $65.

3. chscag macrumors 68000

If you don't need the latest (Office 2016) you may be able to find a 3 X install version of Office 2011 Home and Student version for sale either on eBay or from an on line re-seller. I have the 3 X install version of Office 2011 which originally sold for $149.95 from Amazon. Just be careful when buying from eBay...

4. campyguy macrumors 68030

Investigate both Office 365 Home, which is a 5-PC/Mac install option with UL iOS devices on the same account, and Business Premium. I bought my 1-year licenses (they're stackable) from Best Buy, which matched Amazon's price of $70 per year. I also use Business Premium for myself - all of the Business plans can be purchased month-to-month or annually; Premium includes the same Office suite deal as Home - 5 PC/Mac installs with UL iOS installs. QED.

Neither are "cheap" but that's the way it goes...

5. SpinalTap macrumors regular

SpinalTap

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Office365 is your best bet imo.

MS is not going to offer many options for non-subscription uses for Office, they want people on the subscription and so anything beyond that is counter to their plans.