Cheap Windows?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by morgothaod, Dec 9, 2009.

1. morgothaod macrumors regular

Hi all,

Can someone link me to a cheap version of Windows. I want to be able to play "Mafia," "Soldiers of Fortune 2: Double Helix Multiplayer Demo," and "Magic the Gathering Online" on my mac. I'm not sure what version of Windows to buy and if its possible, I would like to find a version that can allow me to play all of those games and not cost me over $100. Help please, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to software and computers.

Thank you,
    morg
    :cool:

2. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

If you're a college student, go to www.win741.com. You can get Windows 7 for $29.99.

If you're not a student, the best bet is probably Newegg. An OEM version should cost your somewhere around $89.99 or so.

3. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

Today was my last day of college. I hope I can still get it for that price!

4. 2056 macrumors 6502

i'm a college student looking for windows os at a low price as well. whenever i go to this website it takes me to the ultimate steal website where you can purchase windows 7 for 64.95. it looks as though it is for the UPGRADE version and not full.
    if i buy this, don't i need to own windows already...? :confused:

5. agr5 macrumors member

Cheap windows would probably be just single pane... but, in my honest opinion you should go with at least double pane. They will provide much more insulation. Triple pane are what I use... :D

Seriously, if you are a college student in business classes there is a program called, MSDN Academic Alliance Program, that you can grab a copy for free!!!

6. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

They'll never get you to prove you're in college. Having a .edu or .ac.uk email address is enough proof for them. That's why you should take advantage of a college "email for life" scheme! :)

7. rekhyt macrumors 65816

You forgot the side barring-Viru-Thieves could just hop in there and break through the windows! :O ;)

I thought MSDNAA no longer offered it. :\

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

9. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

For those looking at the Win741 site for a $30 copy of Windows, you're too late. The deal expired the first week of January (the 3rd I believe) after a couple of months of promotion.