Cheaper Canada pricing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcdavies, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jcdavies macrumors member

So im a Canadian resident and have fallen in love with all things mac except the prices. what can i say im a cheap skate.

So my question to you is, is there any websites or stores that sell mac products slightly cheaper. The american seem to have macmall.com and macconnention.com which offer slightly cheaper prices.

Is there any one in Canada that does this?

Thanks for your help in adavance.

2. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

If you or members of your immediate family work for major Canadian or provincial companies (e.g. Bell, CTV, Bank of Montreal...etc...) you may be eligible for Apple CEPP savings. I think it's like 6% off or something. The same program runs in the States. One way you can check is by going to http://www.apple.com/ca/cepp/company and replace the "company" with whichever company you or your family work for.

Another savings option, is Black Friday, this year slated for November 26. This is the only day out of the entire year that Apple is known to have a sale, and you can usually save around ~$100 on a Mac. This sale runs in Canada as well as the States, and a few other countries I believe.

Otherwise, I don't believe there are any discount sites or stores for Macs in Canada, unless you buy Refurb, which is always an option.

Happy shopping!
    :apple:

3. jcdavies thread starter macrumors member

My next question is then how do they know your employed by that company?

Black friday seems a bit long to wait for a a ipod touch :(

4. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

Well when you enter the Apple CEPP online store, you legally agree to terms stating that you/family are part of that company. And that's it. They may audit from time to time though.... but don't try and cheat the system.

5. greg555 macrumors 6502a

The refurb store is my favorite place: store link

Bought two iMacs and four or five iPods for various family members.

Greg

6. jcdavies thread starter macrumors member

i love the refurb stall too but with new products can take some time for them to appear on there, wanted to get a new ipod touch in about a months time got a 10 hour flight to england which im dreading