Cheaper MacBook Airs?(rev A@B) Some real cheap!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Airforcekid, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

2. wako macrumors 65816

this is like half.com where the website is simply a middleman in the transaction.

Quite honestly, I wouldnt do it. Simply because you dont know if it will work and Paypal insuring you is as good as sending your money through Western Union

3. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I might go for it since im a seller and know how paypal gets if someone isnt happy 90 percent of the time they side with the buyer!:apple:

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

5. Ommid macrumors 6502

Id be surprised if you got anything TBH

6. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

7. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
  8. iLucas macrumors 6502

I think if you do order from that site, you will receive a windows netbook and nothing more.

9. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Exactly. When netbooks came out in force, there were about a dozen "Macbook Air" knock-offs to come out of China, some even had identical boxing and stuff to a real Mac. I even remember one that actually had an apple logo on the lid and everything.

Several were tested and found to be easy hackintoshes, but it doesn't change the fact that its still a knockoff Atom-based netbook.

10. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Wow this is over two years old I don't even remember asking this question.

11. MBP13, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  12. EnvyV07 macrumors member

13. Rory Bhoy macrumors newbie

Rory Bhoy

DHgate

I've just been on their website, and I must say I haven't laughed so much in all my life!

You really do have to be lacking in grey matter if you part with your monies to these scammers.

ROFLMAO :D

14. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

15. MacHamster68, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

they are offering the MacBook clones easy to spot , they state intel atoms inside , and as far as i know apple never did fit atoms in their MacBooks
    , but they are worth the money i have a mate who bought one of those intel atom "MacBooks", looks like a 1:1 copy of the MacBook , and does the job for basic tasks and a bit more and the version he got runs without problems OSX snow leopard (came preinstalled from manufacturer in china ), he bought it of ebay a couple month ago ,way cheaper then a MacBook , more powerful then a iPad2 and cheaper as that too , with the atom 455 dual core 1.6 and nvidia ion GPU , if thats what you need ?, i played a bit with it when i was visiting him in germany and it will definitely keep up with the original MacBook air 1.6, and beats it in HD content due to the nvidia ion , but way cheaper then even a used crumbled MacBook air , he payed euros 170 for it brandnew in box from china just befor christmas , and yes it is still working , and why not the quality is not worse then what you get elsewere from dell, hp , asus , sony and the lot , and for under euros 200 , you cant go wrong , for basic computing and some HD movies

but i dont know if that site is really shipping it after you payed , better get that sort of stuff of ebay , at least then you got some protection against fraud

16. chuntian macrumors newbie