Cheaper Minimalistic Alternative to PS AirJacket?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brokenbuyer, Oct 31, 2012.

1. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

So the Air Jacket was just released and will cost $44 shipped. Waay overpriced if you ask me.

What are some cheaper alternatives to this? I am using a black iPhone 5 with Bodyguardz Back/Side protectors and Bodyguardz Pure. (I can take off the back/side is needed tho)

Right now, the noot seems like a very good option.

I love it naked, but the chamfered edges are taking some dmg (I don't really mind, but I want to try a case and compare that to naked)

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I also have the Pure and the Noot. I actually really, really like the Noot. The Power Support looks pretty good except I'm not crazy about the top and bottom bezel not being covered. Looks like the Power Support only comes up on the sides and Just doesn't look uniform. On one of the other threads it sounded like the Power Support didn't appear to be as scratch resistant as they had hoped. I look forward to hearing some additional reviews once more PS cases are out there.

3. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

5. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

6. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

The noot at $10 looks great.
    Might have to give that a go and compare that to naked.

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Remember again with the power support you get two of their screen shields as well which retail for 15$. So while I do agree it is a lot, you are getting two of the best screen shields with it.

That being said, I have the Noot and a Bodyguardz Pure as well and do like the combo. I am concerned a out the durability of the Noot however as there is not much that holds the case onto the phone, and as this material will likely stretch with some use as most TPU does, it will likely not stay on the phone well after some time.

8. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

That is true. Which also makes purchasing the Air Jacket not an economic choice, as I already have the Pure, a spare SGP Crystal, and I'm not looking to leaving the Pure anytime soon.

Any other thoughts on the Noot?

9. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Noot case is very similar. Find it on amazon or ebay. Thin, no lay-on-the-table design, and more importantly covered buttons!

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've got the Noot and have seen no stretching. I like a snug fit so for both my Noot and Tones case, I will put rubber bands on them lengthwise when not on the phone. Keeps them nice and tight fitting.

Also with the add on price of $4.99 on Amazon, how can you go wrong. You can buy 8 Noots for the price of Power Support.

11. floss macrumors regular

12. neotope macrumors regular

I have been using a Poetic Atmosphere and I really like it for minimalism protection.

13. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

Just got the noot from Amazon at $5.99
    Can't go wrong with that price.

Will be comparing it to naked and see which way to go.
    If the Air Jacket was $15-20 w.o the screen protector, I would've gotten it.

So just to let people know why I went noot > Air Jacket. They are literally the same thing. Thus noot > Air Jacket because it is 7.5x cheaper.

14. didiee macrumors 6502

Anyone has some pictures for noot? Or at least the link to someone's review? Thanks