Cheapest 250GB SSD right now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skiltrip, Mar 3, 2011.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I am seeing a price of $2 per GB seems to be the norm for ~250GB SSD drives. Are there any cheaper prices around? What's the most affordable anyone has seen?

I'd love to upgrade to SSD, but I can't go any lower than 250GB, and prices are just pretty insane (for my wallet).

2. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

And of those I would definitely choose any of the OCZ Vertex 2 drives. I installed one in my MacBook Pro and it has been great.

3. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks!

4. HBOC, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011

HBOC macrumors 68020

I am with the OP. I am waiting until SSD's come down to normal prices. No way am I paying $350 for a 250GB SSD.

5. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah. I'd love to go SSD, but I fear even 250GB isn't enough space for me. I like to have my media (music, videos, etc) on my laptop, and not hanging on an external drive. Dongle drives defeat the purpose of a laptop.

Hopefully in the not too distant future, as SSD becomes more standard they will cost a lot less. Right now it's definitely priced as a luxury item.

6. sydenham macrumors regular

I don't have an SSD either but it seems to be an amazing upgrade. I also like having lots of storage space, but 250 seems livable, as long as you just keep movies and things like that on an external drive. I think the OCZ vertex 2 looks like the best deal at the moment. Even better any day now when they ship the Vertex 3.

7. shreddy macrumors regular