Cheapest/best way to connect guitar to iPad 2 for GarageBand?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iWannaBeAdored, Mar 26, 2011.

1. iWannaBeAdored macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

Hey,

So I'm wondering what is the nest way to connect an electric guitar to an iPad 2 to use with GarageBand?

Cheers

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

3. iWannaBeAdored thread starter macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

Cheers! I was looking and I think the iRig is probably the best value for money according to what people say about it.

I noticed there is also an iRig iMic. I wonder if you could plug the iRig, iMic and a pair of headphones (to listen to what you are playing on the guitar) all at the same time? That'd be awesome!

4. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

I have the iRig - but I can't seem to get a good level out of it. No matter what I try, the level is really, really low. Additionally, it uses the headphone jack, so it prevents sound from coming from the iPad's speaker - so if you want to monitor what you're doing, you need to use headphones.

5. iWannaBeAdored thread starter macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

Yeah I would be using my headphones with it :)

6. Buttmunch32 macrumors newbie

Connecting my guitar to iMac

Hi

I've only recently got an iMac, so I'm still getting used to it. I've been using garage band and would like to connect my electric guitar to the iMac. How do i do this? Nothing too technical please, just what type of cable i need and can i buy it in the apple store?

Thank you

7. MacMojo1 macrumors member

Apogee Jam is worth the extra dough. The pre is amazing and record-worthy. I also have irig but don't use it anymore.

----------

Didn't see iMac comment in the iPad section. You need an audio interface. Focusrite makes a Scarlett 2 that sounds very good and is not expensive.