cheapest caddy to get?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by matt9b, Sep 26, 2008.

1. matt9b macrumors member

What is the simplest / cheapest external caddy to get for my mac pro? i need to use it to frequently back up my 2 x 1tb hds onto 2 other hds, so it needs to allow hds to be easily removable and support 1tb data hds.

I had an ebuyer value one for like 4 pounds 98p (what happened to my pound sign?! ######) and it did USB 2.0 and firewire and sata. I got it a year ago. But they dont sell them any more and the cheapest one on ebuyer now is something like 24 pounds, which seems rather excessive.

Googling is turning up nothing.

Does anyone know what happened to the cheapo ones? Or where I can get one for a reasonable price?

thanks!

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

You might want to try the US side, as some of the sellers will ship internationally. ;)

3. matt9b thread starter macrumors member

No, after the excrutiating wait for it to arrive and shipping costs have been added, things in this price bracket generally aren't cheaper from the US.

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

I didn't think the shipping would be that bad, assuming it's billed at an honest rate. :eek: Then there's VAT of course, but you get hit with that one anyway I would think.

Can I assume you've looked at span.com, or dabs.com? Not as familiar with UK suppliers. :eek:

5. capoeirista macrumors 6502

Dabs.com
    maplin.co.uk
    amazon.co.uk even?

Nowhere looks too cheap though...