Cheapest Data Plans for 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hls811, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Ok, I hate to ask this because I know similar questions have been thrown around since the day the iPhone came out but with all my searching here and on HF I can't get a straight answer..

Whats the cheapest current plan you can get for a 2G iPhone in order to use data (in the US). Searching keep bringing up the $5.99 plan (TMO) which I don't believe exists anymore.

I've had it with the $20 AT&T Unlimited MediaNet (since they discontinued it, they've allowed me to renew by calling each month but now thats giving me problems). I don't need voice (I have a Verizon phone for that which I can't give up), so I just need some way to get data on my iPhone. I'm OK switching to T-Mobile; I'm just looking for the best route to take.

Thanks in advance!

2. jamaggic macrumors member

data

I have unlimited internet with T-mobile for $5.00/month which gives me internet and data

3. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

yup. the cheapest EDGE plan in the USA is going to be the tzones work around.

4. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

1) Is that still available?
    2) Does that need to be paired with a voice plan, and if so, whats the cheapest voice option?

5. jack2k5 macrumors newbie

I just called T-Mobile. Surprisingly they know I am using Iphone without even asking me what kinda phone I am using.

I was told the only internet plans available are $24.99 and $34.99... there is no more $19.99 or $5.99 plan.. how sad

The sales is trying to sell me their internet plan for iphone. He even said he could give me $10 credit for me to try the internet for one month. Of course, I refused.