Cheapest iPhone 5C/ 5S 64 GB contact [UK]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macaroooon, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Macaroooon macrumors 6502

I dropped my iPhone 5 in water (well my cat tipped it off the side...).

Initially it worked but an hour later it was dead so I've put it into a bowl of rice (I did that before it went dead) and sealed it so it's air tight and just going to leave it there, but I don't hold out much hope.

It isn't insured :-( My bad.

Annoying thing is only a month ago I had wifi/ 3G problems and took it to apple, they haven't resolved but I can hardly claim that now..

So I might have to get a new phone..

If I do I'd probably go for the 5C or 5S but obviously money is super tight for me.

The contract I'm on now (sim only) gives me unlimited data, texts and 5000 minutes and I definitely use a lot of data - over 6GB a month.

But all contract seem horrendous like £40 a month + £300 for the phone :eek:

2. theromz macrumors regular

The 5c only goes up to 32gb so it might be out of question, and from your contract my guess is your on Three. Anytime you want 64gb iPhone your going to have to bend over and take it more or less. My best recommendation would be to stick with your sim only deal, and try snipe one of ebay, I recently got my friend a 64gb gold iphone that was brand new for £550.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...Phone+5s+64gb&_nkw=iPhone+5s+64gb&_sacat=9355

My guess is your paying £15 a month so if you say you get one for £550 that works out too 910 over 24months which is good. Off course not everyone can afford to pay the heavy price up front.

I would also recommend calling Three, I left them recently and they seemed really eager to keep my on, and has still saved my details so I can get a discount when I join back so I would give them a go. Your current plan seems to work out £51 a month which is pretty high.

Could you also live with small storage say 32gb?

3. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for this, I don't mind buying of EBAY, but can I still get my phone insured (I thought you needed proof of purchase).

My current plan is only £20 a month, pretty decent :D

4. theromz macrumors regular

If you mean Apple care you can get it during the first year of the product so you should be fine.

5. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

But can you get applecare if you've brought off ebay?

To be honest I'd preferred to get it just insured as applecare doesn't cover cracks and water damage.

6. theromz macrumors regular