cheapest place to buy a macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nes.Diaz, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Nes.Diaz macrumors newbie

OK so im looking for a macbook either 2010 or 2009 or mid2009
    also what are main differences between them?

I know that the macbook might come out soon so ill wait for all prices to go down but where would be the cheapest place online? I dont mind refurb

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Apple refurb would be the cheapest obviously. The specs are different in all of them. Google it.

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's not technically purchasing online but craigslist will probably get you the beat price. But of course apple refurbs have a full year warranty and wouldn't be too much more (dep on model and what kind of deal you found on cl).

4. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Many sellers on craigslist expect just way too much for their used MacBooks. I would go with a refurb if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MacHamster68, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

go for a refurb , as you get a "cheaper" MacBook but with full apple warranty
    while on craiglist or ebay or other sites like it you get for the same price and some are even asking more for the MacBook that just left warranty , the main reason why people sell their MacBooks .. to get the cash for a new one some even manage to sell their 1 year old MacBook on ebay for more then they initially bought it for and that is now out of warranty
    so you are really better of with a apple refurbished

here in the uk with high prices anyways , its not worth to bid on a Mac thats not at least 4 years old , because the difference to a apple refurbished is really marginal before the Mac's get really age , just because buyers and sellers lose every sense of reality when it comes to used Mac's

6. iLucas macrumors 6502

Another vote here for the refurb store.
    Unless newegg.com happens to get one in stock.
    i bought my macbook from there for cheap but it wasnt a 2009/10

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

8. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

+1.
    That's definitely the best route.