Cheapest place to buy iPhone 4 Conversion kit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by uPhone, Feb 16, 2011.

1. uPhone macrumors regular

Looking for a full conversion.. broke my black iphone 4 screen

ipatchup.com has it for $150 but don't know if it's a reputable site.

anyone know a reputable/cheap site to buy iPhone 4 conversion kit?

thanks.

2. jhatz macrumors member

With the little research I've done, I came across Zeetron.com. They seem to have more reviews on their conversion housings and they have a thorough video on how to do the swap. It's the same price for the DIY and if you really are scared they offer a very fast send-in service that most say takes no more then 1 1/2 days to receive back.

I might go for the DIY...it's a **** ton of steps but the video is pretty damn thorough. Tedious but cool as hell.

3. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

i think there is also a 10% off coupon for ipatchup..it should add up to be 135$:cool:

4. jhatz macrumors member

Looking closely at the iPatchUp, I noticed that the housing's back panel has a black apple icon and black text down at the bottom. Personally that looks tacky and the silver text and icon are much better looking from zeetron. Could be just my eyes but it does look black on the iPatchUp...no?

5. bdeitemeyer macrumors member

Stay away from Zeetron, their parts were very poor quality when I attempted to use their kit last month. Fortunately I was given a refund after I sent them pics of their kit installed and sent the parts back to them.

6. jhatz macrumors member

I think they're really the only go-to company that has the most realistic looking white iphone..like I said, iPatchUp has black lettering which IMO looks dumpy and I have not heard really anything negative about zeetron other than your response.

7. bdeitemeyer macrumors member

You should keep searching this forum for Zeetron reviews then, as it's clear you have a lot to learn. There are numerous threads detailing reviews from others that have purchased from Zeetron before, and the majority are unsatisfied.

There isn't a clear winner when it comes to a company within the U.S. selling the color swap kits. NONE have 100% perfect items, so the next important issue is the customer service availability of that company and the likelihood that you'll be able to exchange/return your defective item in the worst-case scenario.

Good luck with your search.

8. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

im pretty sure its silver, why would they make their conversion black? its just the reflection..:cool: