Cheapest Place to buy new MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bas76, Dec 18, 2008.

1. bas76 macrumors newbie

I've decided my first mac will be a macbook (looking at the 2.0 ghz alum. version). I've found that online stores like MacMall are cheaper than going to the actual retail store (also I can avoid sales tax).

I've looked around a bit trying to find a cheaper, yet still reliable online store where I can get a new MB. I want to avoid ebay/craigslist at all costs (at least for my first mac purchase).

Can anyone recommend some good sites other than macmall/newegg/tigerdirect that have really good sales right now or just much cheaper prices in general?

I did check the buyers guide and did search the forums here before posting.

Thanks

2. impakt1 macrumors member

Right now, my girlfriend is getting her new MB through mac connection. They have a mail in rebate for $75 and it's already 1,250 so it brings it down to 1150.

3. budkid macrumors regular

if I were to buy a macbook now, it would be on amazon. I think thy have rebates there.

4. ACiB708 macrumors regular

Mac Connection

Mac Connection has great discounts, and mail-in rebates you can find up to 300 bucks sales. Good Shopping!

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

6. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

Ditto on Amazon. If you do a web search on how to manipulate the amazon gold box, you can get another 5% off of your purchase. I got my 2.8 Quad MacPro on amazon for $2465 total due to a gold box deal.

7. tsa1 macrumors regular

So what would you guys recommend i rate and search for if i want a MBP or MB? wireless mighty mouse? a sleeve of some sort?

thanks!

8. six.four macrumors 6502

+1 on amazon.

Cheapest from a reputable dealer (currently $1218.98 after rebate) no tax (for most states) and free shipping. Squeeze another 5% using the gold box trick and you'll be at ~$1155.53.

9. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

I bought my 2.4GHZ brand new sealed for $1250 2 days ago, I think I could find you a 2.0GHZ brand new for $1100 if you're interested.

10. michaellynn macrumors newbie

michaellynn

Apple Store will match macmall

I just bought a MacBook Pro and the local Apple Store matched the macmall online price. Print out the ad from macmall or mac connection. Also if you have a business card for a home or larger business you can qualify for 5% off.

However they will only give you either or. They will not match a price and give 5% as well.

I hope this helps

-Michael