iPad mini Cheapest place to get iPad Mini 1? Brand new?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CBillups1, Nov 22, 2013.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

looking to get the non retina for my mom and trying to get the best/cheapest price, brand new obviously. I seen that there is no more refurbished ones on the apple site in 16gb. She only needs 16GB

any help is appreciated

2. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

If you're willing to wait in line and can use a gift card, according to the front page, "Walmart is offering the original iPad mini for $199 ($299 with a $100 Walmart gift card)." Target is offering a $75 gift card on any Ipad.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1676139

3. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

def not gonna wait and line and deal with that. I dont care for the gift card even though it would be nice for groceries to give it to her as well but ill pass on sitting in line with a bunch of animals honestly.

4. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

5. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

there is one, not near me but i know where it is so its not an issue.

is the 279 100% brand new? thats a nice price. would like online so i can at least get cashback haha :lol but its not a big deal. will check it out if no one has any other suggestions.

thank you herdnerfer! :cool:

6. Fissure macrumors 6502

$100 gift card = $100 worth of gas, everyone uses gas. It is THE cheapest way to get an iPad Mini 1st gen. Is it worth waiting in line? Up to you obviously but I would if I wanted one.

7. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Yep, brand new, just like getting from the Apple store.

8. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

Worth noting that the Walmart deal has a one hour in-stock guarantee, so there's no line waiting. Just don't go right when the store opens -- maybe 30 minutes in so you miss the trampling... I don't like Walmart that much, but many do have groceries and gas stations, so it really is effectively $199. That's a ridiculously good deal.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I see comments often about gift cards and do not get it.

It is basically a CASH REBATE - you just have to spend it at their store. I think 100% of the people I know can easily spend money at Target or Walmart.

I just don't get it.

10. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i dont go/shop at either of those stores

if it was online id do it since it would tech be $100 in free groceries for my mother but im not going on Friday to sit in line with random animals and wait in long lines to check out

ill be forced to pay retail regardless.

11. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

12. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

13. Fissure macrumors 6502

You can use the gift card to buy stuff at walmart.com, it works. But I say again, buy gas with it at WM. So you don't shop there normally, how painful would it be to go through one of their gas stations 2-3 times to use the card?

Unfortunately standing inline to get the "best" deal on anything on Black Friday isn't a Wal-Mart exclusive thing. Every retailer does it, that's the price you pay for the "best" deal. You asked the question, that's your answer, that's "The" best deal.

14. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

None of the Walmart's near me have gas pumps.

15. Fissure macrumors 6502

I find that hard to believe, there are 20 Walmart Stores in the greater St. Louis area, but you would know better than me, actually probably not, but anyway.

16. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

hard to believe? not really. Of all the walmarts in or around my area withing 50 miles only 1 of them has a gas station.

i dont use them regardless because i rarely if ever shop at walmart anymore.

17. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

18. Coomb macrumors member

That particular ad says online only but it doesn't appear to apply to Canada's site.

19. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I might go for the Wal-Mart deal, seems almost too good to pass up.

20. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

I needed to pick up a 1st generation 16gb Mini for a gift also. I did not want to ruin my Thanksgiving running to a store with a long line.

I took the Staples ad (on my retina Mini) to Walmart today and they matched the Staples $249 price. Apple and Target would not match it since it showed "online only" on the ad. I may have just lucked out that Walmart did not notice that fine print.

Note that the Walmart deal at 6-7pm on Thursday is a great deal for $299 plus a $100 gift card. And you don't need to camp out for hours. They are honoring the deal for anyone in the store / in line between 6 and 7. They most likely will sell out but the store rep today said they will give you some sort of voucher to use / order it online and you will still get the gift card. Big question is how long it will take to get the voucher if you show between 6-7.

Happy Shopping.