Cheapest place to get Mac OSX Leopard in UK?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Maccleduff, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Ive been looking at the prices, I think the cheapest place Ive seen so far is £58.75 from the Higher Education Apple Store.

Are there any other places which might sell it cheaper.
    Is second hand copy a viable option?
    -thanks

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Second hand is technically legal if they delete leopard of their system (which everyone does of course! :p) But you will not be liable I think, only the seller!

You will just have a giant pot of ethical guilt hanging over your head!

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Then again, there's my case where I have a legal copy of Leopard but my machine has been stolen. I'll be getting a new computer with Leopard installed so I wouldn't feel remotely guilty selling Leopard since I don't think the thieves should gain a license for it! :rolleyes:

If you can't get a second-hand copy (and sorry, I do have plans for mine), the education store is probably your best bet.

4. lauriechelt macrumors member

From what i've seen this is true!

Another question...my friend got a macbook and at the time leopard was not installed on the laptop itself but came on an additional OS disc included in the box...is it theoretically possible to install this on as many macs as he wanted or is it just single use?! Would it have all the same options as a leopard disc that you bought from an apple shop?

Obviously i know that it's against the law to install it on loads of computers was just interested ;)

5. Maccleduff thread starter macrumors regular

I think your friend received an upgrade disk to Leopard, so you might need to have Tiger installed beforehand for it to install Leopard properly.