Cheapest Place to Get Office 2011 for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by parkschr, Jun 6, 2013.

1. 0007776 Suspended

Because some people need compatibility with the rest of the world.

2. 960design macrumors 68030

I work with all Windows environments all the time. Apple's versions of office will import any office app and export it back to the same. Easy peasy. The only thing I've found to be an issue is converting back to PowerPoint, some of the transitions will not work properly. Easy enough to fix but can be annoying.

3. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Then you haven't used macros or more advanced functions in office for anything, because there is no such thing as "Easy peasy" when it comes to cross plattform and cross program export. Even across Microsofts own versions in windows there are stripping of functions.

I like Apple's programs fine but just take off the fan boy t-shirt, please.:rolleyes:

4. 960design macrumors 68030

Macros... are we still using those? Of course you are correct, I do not use macros. If I need to automate something I write a program, typically web based. What macros do you specifically use?

Cross platform? I collaborate with tons of people on technical pages documents... real collaboration. Check it out here:

https://www.apple.com/iwork-for-icloud/

----------

Are you hitting on me?

5. spatlese44 macrumors 6502

Getting an actual copy as opposed to renting might be a nice option if you don't care about being up to date. Who knows when that might stop being an option.