Cheapest place to get the new touch 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azure247, Sep 9, 2008.

1. azure247 macrumors 6502

Hey I dont own one yet but I know Amazon and Ebay are two good places, but because it is going to be new I think the demand will make it not a good deal on ebay. So is ebay as cheap as it gets?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you are nuts and don't care about your money, buy on eBay. Otherwise Amazon (not Amazon resellers) probably will discount, also look around for Target.com or Buy.com 10% off coupon or buy from a site that offers "cash back" like Fat Wallet or http://search.live.com/cashback

3. KingofAwesome macrumors regular

Amazon has it at the same price, with a 9-10 day wait. You're better off getting it from the Apple store, either online or walking in.

My local Apple store doesn't have them in stock yet (they suggest checking back around 2PM) and online, shipping time is listed as 1-3 days.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're really not going to find much more than a 10% discount anywhere, even on eBay I'd presume. At this point I'd buy from Apple and save the hassle of eBay or Amazon.

5. IronWaffle macrumors regular

IronWaffle

I'm curious about this too. I have to go to Costco this weekend and I'm hoping they *may* have them. I know they sell iPods for a bit less than elsewhere. I'm guessing that after tax, once they get the new ones in a 32 gig may cost $400 even. Not a huge savings, but it's about the equivalent of getting it tax-free.

If you have a store in your state Apple.com charges tax now, right?

6. njguyfla macrumors member

I just got one from Ebay. think it's refurbished or was a return. It only came with the 8 GB Itouch a USB cord and earbuds. I paid about $205 including shipping. I regret it because I see I could have gotten a new one for about $230.

7. Paul R macrumors newbie

Paul R

Don't forget Costco has the 90 day return vs the two week return like most places. I got my 8gb Nano in July and I'm going to return it for an Ipod Touch 32gb. I would not be able to do this if I bought it from Apple. ;)

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you've got a Target credit card you'll eventually get a 10% savings card. Once Target gets them in stock that card will save you 10% off the MSRP.