Cheapest Plan For iPhone 4 JB/Unlocked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Neverbepeace, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Hey,

Question......I currently have flex pay for t-mobile as a provider. I pay $74.44 monthly for 500 mins......unlimited text.....and unlimited data. I don't really use my minutes.....text are ehhhh very few I use. I use data as I browse. When I am home, I use wifi....when I'm out, I basically check a few light mobile websites. I feel I am wasting alot of money per month by not using all the features.

Do I have any options to lower my expense? Are there any data 1GIG- unlimited only data plans? Contract free of course......or low voice minutes.....no text or few text......with data? Let me know. Thanks

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I think both ATT and H2o have plans for about $60. However, I agree the Iphone plans in the US are ridiculously overpriced.
    I spend half my time in the US and half in the UK. I use T-Mobile on a pay and Go basis in the US but have an Iphone O2 monthly plan in the UK which cost Sterling 15 about $22 for 300 minutes, unlimited Text, unlimited wifi on BT openzone and 500M of 3G data.

I have free access to all ATT wifi in the US through my Home broadband plan and hence choose not to have a data plan here.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why don't you use pre-paid? I believe you can add a monthly data plan (although it's not cheap). However, you'll need to check if you need to pay the ETF (early termination).

4. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Pre paid for att?

5. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Get a 3g ipad sim and use a voip provider. 2gb for $25.

6. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Hmmmm how would that work? recommend a viop provider? As far as a 3g ipad sim...how would i obtain one? Lastly, would i get 3g speeds or edge speeds? Thanks

7. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I have basically the same plan on tmobile but I only pay about $63 total for mine. It's the "even more plus" plan so there is no contract either. Unlimited texts, data, weekend minutes and 500 whenever minutes. I wish AT&T had something similar so I could get 3G but oh well, Edge is enough.

Why are you paying $10 more for the same plan?

8. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Hmmmm I could say taxes? NY taxes are nuts......I wold like to look into that 3g ipad sim and get 2gb for $25.......that sounds great.

Edge speeds doesn't bother me as I think its sufficient for me.

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Go pre paid with att by using a gophone sim, then you can get data. If you puchase $100 worth of minutes they won't expire for 1 year. Tmobile does the same thing on prepaid but they won't sell you data on prepaid.

10. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Is the gophone 100MB cap? That is pretty small if it is. Would that provide 3g or edge? Reason I ask is that, even though I can tolerate edge, I wouldn't mind having 3g. Thanks

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have the 500 min without text or data and it's around 35-40 bucks.

12. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Can anybody help me out with this?

I have a few att sim cards laying around that I can cut down for this to work (Hopefully)

13. msahadi macrumors member

You could get the $10 data plan from T Mobile. The way I did it was by calling customer service and order a pre activated sim with 500 min and $10 unlimited data. Told them I had a old 2g phone I was going to use. My bill is $50 after tax.

14. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

You could buy an iPad data plan and put the sim in your iPhone 4 and BAM you're paying $25 a month for 2 gigs of bw but alas, no voice or texts included in this option. VOIP options and google voice might make it possible to swing, though.

Just my 2 cents.

15. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I have a few att sims that I could cut.....will that work or do I need to have a iPad sim? I tried setting everything up with i keep getting an error after the agreement page.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

With an AT&T prepaid sim it is 3G but its throttled and not as fast as 3G speeds on postpaid AT&T accounts.

17. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I wish I knew the answer to that question.

All I know is that I can put the sim from my iPad 3G into my iPhone 4 and with a simple APN setting change (Broadband) I can use AT&T's data network. Couple that with the SMS GV Extension tweak in cydia and you can send/receive google voice text from native SMS app as long as you have data (uses push).

Not sure what to tell you about how to get a sim to work. Maybe you could go into a store and ask for one? tell them you have an iPad 3G at home with no sim? Not sure but that shouldn't be too hard. If all else fails you could probably put one of your ATT sims in someone's iPad 3G (if you have a friend with one) and sign up for data on that sim on the iPad. Then again, that sounds like something you'd be able to do at a store.

18. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Thanks....I visited the att store and purchased a ipad sim. I got everything up and running. Question though......I would like to change my google voice number to a local number. However, since the ipad has a number but it doesn't call out or receive.....is there a work around? I have no mobile number to use.......any info on this is appreciated. By the way Tempusfugit, are you on FW 4.1?

19. ScrappyDoo80 macrumors member

Fckin cheapskaates... If you can't afford the iPhone don't have the iPhone. I have all everything and my bill is like $133 or $137 ? Know why? Because its an iPhone , it's the best , I have the best , and I can afford it. If you can't then go carry your a$$ to the kids table. Walking into a fancy restaurant and ordering a salad and water only embarrasses yourself

20. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

[​IMG]

You mad cause you pay $135 a month and I pay $25 lolololololololololollolol.....Yes, you are mad

21. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Troll much?

I can see that you think you are just so much better than everyone because you pay $130+. Why not get off your high horse and contribute something useful to society?

22. Malsi macrumors regular

Just to make things clear. If I went out and bought an AT&T go phone, would it's sim card fit in an iPhone 3Gs? Does the phone need to be jailbroken & unlocked?
    Thanks in advance!

23. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Yes...it will fit in the iPhone 3GS. As far as JB and unlock........I am not sure. You are using att service so I wouldn't think you need to jailbreak or unlock it. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on this. Good Luck!

24. JDNGuru macrumors member

Damn. This thread is making me want to switch carriers. LOL. But I admit, I love my 3G speeds though.

I have AT&T Family Plan with my gf. We pay $186/month:
    -550 Shared minutes w/ rollover
    -Unlimited text & mms
    -Unlimited data
    -Free m2m minutes

We barely talk on the phone and have about 3,000 minutes accumulated in the rollover bank. My friends pay $70 to get unlimited mins, text and data on tmobile. Its crazy!

25. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Don't do that for two reasons.1. You are wasting money on the phone 2. The Sim in the go phone is locked to the phone for six months.

A better plan is to go into an ATT store and buy a pay as you go SIM. They will probably ask you for the IMEI number. Tell them you have an unlocked phone at home don't know the IMEI and you want them to activate the SIM.

You are better off buying the $25 one because the time will be valid for up to three months. If you buy the $10 one the time will run out in 30 Days used or not.