iPad Cheapest plan with a reasonable amount of data in U.S.?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by easy-peasy, Apr 11, 2014.

1. easy-peasy, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014

easy-peasy macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Is Verizon ($20/mo - 1gb) really the cheapest option out there? :(
    Sprint doesn't count as their network coverage & speeds are atrocious. Plus they won't let you put in a Sprint SIM card into an iPad air you bought at another carrier.

If anyone knows of a better value plan out there that isn't tiny like 250mb please let me know :)

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yes the Verizon is the cheapest one. T-Mobile is about to start offering 1GB for free but you actually have to be a postpaid phone customer as well.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Also, those are not all the plans listed.

AT&T has 1GB for $25 for three months.

T-Mobile has about 10 plans you can get going all the way up past 10GB. Per month but they get expensive. I can't look up the exact T-Mobile plans because I'm no longer using them on my iPad.

Plus, I have unlimited data on my T-Mobile 5S so I just tether using them most of the time.

4. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Is your current iPhone on one of the AT&T/Verizon Share plans?

6. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Correction: Verizon is NOT the cheapest. If the OP is looking for cheap, he should look at Red Pocket nationwide 4G - $10 for 1GB per 30 day cycle.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yes, those are current for ATT. I love my ATT service. Super fast LTE and there when I need it. I also like how the 1GB for 3 month plan doesn't auto renew either. I can add data as I need it.

8. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

T-Mobile changed up their tablet data plans effective 4/12 through the end of this year, so the ones listed on Apple's site are not current. These are their current plans and each one has an additional $10 discount if you also have a voice plan with them.

1.2 GB = $10, 3.2 GB = $20, 5.2 GB = $30, 7.2 GB = $50, 9.2 GB = $60, 11.2 GB = $70.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/mobile-internet.html

9. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I wonder if these prices are for new customers? My acct has different pricing:

Attached Files:

10. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

For t mobile it's 1.2gb for $10, it doesn't matter if you have a voice plan or not. You get the 1.2gb free if you have the voice plan. I signed up yesterday.

11. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Doing it on demand from the device is higher apparently, but if you enroll on their website at the link in my prior message, you'll see those lower prices.

12. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Well I see the pricing by clicking on your link…but when I log into my free account - the magical pricing goes away. So while these are excellent prices for raw data, I am thinking it is for new sign ups. And not for existing customers with the 200MB free data allowance.

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Not sure why that would be the case. All customers still get the 200MB of free data each month regardless anyway. You might try calling in and speaking to a CSR or going to a T-Mobile retail store. I went through the retail store and had no trouble getting the data plan for those prices listed on their website.

14. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Ok thanks for the heads up. BTW, did you have to sign a monthly or yearly contract (credit check, etc.) to get those rates? And do you have Tmobile voice service already. Someone PM'd me and said those rates are valid if you have a qualifying voice plan but who knows.

15. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Those rates are only valid with a postpaid plan and requires a credit check. Okay if you have good coverage with T-Mobile and regularly use cellular data on the iPad. The ones posted on Apple's website are for prepaid data that you can just sign up for and cancel directly on the iPad.