Cheapest prepaid plan with data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fedecape, Mar 27, 2014.

1. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

Hello

My girlfriend is leaving her family plan and is looking for a good prepaid service like my GoPhone. She has an iPhone 4, and uses a really small amount of data per month. GoPhone is really good, but it's $60 for LTE and 2GB that she won't be needing. Is there anything cheaper? (even 2G)

Thank you!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

T-Mobile >>> $30/month, 100 minutes, 5GB 4G/LTE data, Unlimited Text

AIO (AT&T variant) >>> $35/month (with auto pay), unlimited minutes, unlimited text, 500MB 4G/LTE

I would say these are the cheapest. Of course there is Straight Talk and other prepaid carriers out there.

3. patt2k macrumors regular

why not h20 30$ plan? unlimited talk text and 500$ mb of data? if you use calling mart you will get like 3% off.

Looking at the guy above I see why he would post the tmobile 30$ plan but for some people 100 min doesn't cut it..

4. fedecape thread starter macrumors 6502

fedecape

Straight Talk sounds good. Really good actually

$45 / Unlimited Minutes, Text and 2.5gb of high speed data, after that 2G.

It says LTE, but is it AT&T's LTE?

5. patt2k macrumors regular

yes it is AT&T lte

6. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Yes it is. I have it myself and it's amazing. So glad I made the switch to ST.

7. dickdaney macrumors regular

I'm on the $35 AIO plan and its working great. AIO is being rebranded as cricket since the AT&T purchase went through.

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Head to Walmart or Best Buy as there are plenty of cheap options with Virgin, MetroPCS, Straight Talk, Boost etc. etc.

The great thing about those retailers is you get 14 days to return it without any hassle AND no contract!

9. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

AIO at $35 per month (w' Autopay) seems like the best deal for a person who doesn't use much data. Unlimited talk, text, and data (500MB/month high-speed, throttled after that) on ATT's network is fantastic value.

MetroPCS offers a similar plan on TMO's network but it costs $40 per month.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am pretty sure Boost Mobile is running a promotion right now. A friend got the LG Optimus F7 with no contract for 6 months at $35.

I am unsure the amount of data and I think that is Sprint Network but she uses very little data anyways the OP states.

11. 869639 macrumors 6502

I would recommend the $35 AIO Plan, It is absolutely the best because not only is it one of the cheapest [the next closest is the $30 H2O Plan] but it offers you UNLIMITED Data....after your 500MB [unlike the H2O plan...500MB PERIOD].

12. fedecape thread starter macrumors 6502

fedecape

Thank you everybody!

AIO sounds pretty good, $35 for unlimited minutes and texts + 500mb of 4G and then unlimited 2G. But there's one thing it's not clear. Do I need to first pay $40 and then enroll in autopay?

Thank you