Cheapest safe way to buy iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ahheck01, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I was offered a decent deal on an iPhone 4 that fell through. I sold my 3GS in the process, and need to buy an iPhone 4. I'm too early in my contract to get a discount from AT&T.

I see ebay examples going for $550-600 for 16GB black ones - even lightly used. Why go that route when you can get a refurb for $549 or new for $599? I don't understand that part.

If you were shopping for an iPhone 4 and looking to save as much as possible without getting a junk iPhone, what would you do?

Thanks!

-Evan

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

When you say cheap, what price point are you hoping to find?

3. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

The least amount that will result in having an iPhone 4 in decent condition with at least a charger. If that's possible for $450-$500 shipped, I'd assume that's a good deal, but that's why I'm asking here.

-Evan

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

the $549 refurb sounds like a good deal to me.

5. California King macrumors 65816

Buy locally from Craigslist so you can check out the condition/functionality of the phone, or buy it contract free straight from AT&T. eBay is not very safe, unless the buyer has excellent feedback and is a power seller.

I would personally choose to buy it from AT&T, contract free. That way, you can go back to them if you had any problems with the phone. Worth the extra money, especially for an expensive device like this.

6. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

A friend of mine just got 4 16gig iPhone 4s for 250 each. Obviously put them on eBay for profit.