Cheapest temporary/travel case solution (with bonus jolly roger)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dougie smooth, Jun 30, 2010.

1. dougie smooth macrumors newbie

On my first day with the new phone I was case-less and on my way to a baseball game. In a rush, I stopped at Target thinking I could find at least a soft sunglasses pouch to keep the phone in. I considered old 3G cases in the electronics dept, but they were all $20 or more.

Then I had the bright idea to stuff the thing in a small, toddler-sized sock. Surprisingly they had no Underoos-style superhero socks, but I found these skull and crossbones socks for $4. [Gong!] It fits the phone perfectly, with the ankle band just past the length of the phone. As an added bonus, the screen lights up the skull in the dark when you wake the display. And as a super-added double-bonus, when it's charging the battery icon sits right behind the eyes and glows them green.

I finally got my interim Minisuit case delivered (interim solution while I wait for Marware/Incipio/Cygnett/someone to get off their a$$ and release new cases), but I am still using the sock on top of it. What do you think: sweet iPhone tuque or lame and miserly hack?

[​IMG]

2. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

lol, nice. My son better watch out, someone's going to be missing a sock.