Cheapest way to buy iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Mar 3, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I have searched and found some information about iPad 2. This information is not final and can be changed anytime since the product has not been launched yet. Also, this info will probably be useless if you are planning on buying from apple store on 11th.

1. Buying from apple.com= My EPP allows me to buy 16GB wi-fi ipad for 489 dollars. Has anyone checked their EPP store?

2. Find a friend who works at apple = They get a marginal discount, but would not count too much on it. Surely apple will block their employees from buying iPad 2.

3. Buy from walmart or Sams club= It has been priced for 498.

4. Target = Target will most likely carry iPad 2 at one point. You can save money by using red card.

5. Online retailers: Again, most likely won't be available at launch. But, most of them do not charge taxes unless you live in specific states.

6. Best buy= Reward points to get some gift cards.

Am I missing anything? Feel free to share if anyone has other plans.

Most likely you are better off buying from apple store. Good luck.

2. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Well in the UK the price is terribly inflated. £429 for 16Gb WiFi, opposed to $499 in America which is around about £350. SO cheap option would be to get it from Amercia - don;t know anyone that wants to do this though besides rip-off eBayers.

3. xMBPx macrumors regular

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Where did you get the UK pricing from? As the new iPad's are not even listed on the UK Apple store yet.

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

When my dad was visiting about 2 months after the iPad launch we went to AAFES and they had them in stock and discounted. 16GB iPad was $479 and there is no sales tax. I don't know if the iPad 2 will be similarly priced, but no reason that it wouldn't be. Also, I have no idea if AAFES will have them in stock at launch, and you need to have access to someone in the Military or Government Employee.

6. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Jobs confirmed at the iPad2 unveiling the prices would remain the same, for example, a 16GB ipad2 will cost the same as the 16GB ipad1