cheapest way to get RAM in New Zealand

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iZac64, Jan 30, 2008.

1. iZac64 macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2008
    As you can see in my sig I will be buying a macbook soon, I haven't decided on what colour I'll get but anyway I will be upgrading its RAM almost as soon as I get it. I am living in New Zealand (in the southern hemisphere) and I am looking to find the cheapest 4GB of RAM, the cheapest I've seen is $279NZD which is about $218USD, I don't mind if I buy out of the country but I'm not sure if newegg will ship here. Any suggestions appreciated!:eek:
  2. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2008
  3. Fossie macrumors member

Jan 5, 2008
    Using you can score 4gb 2x2gb crucial for ~$220NZ.
    I was researching last night, I'll be doing it to my MBP when penryn comes along.
  4. pcuser2 macrumors member

Aug 29, 2007
    And try ebay is a good suggestion also.
  5. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You'll need to weigh up between the cheapest (~$120) and something more reliable (~$220). Both of those are 2 GB, so you'll need 2 of each, and are both from sellers in NZ.
  6. steken macrumors newbie

Oct 17, 2007
    Try this link

Check out Ascent Technology which is a company based in Wellington, I have bought from them before and they are pretty good. Free postage and a whole range of products at competitive prices.
  7. Fossie macrumors member

Jan 5, 2008
    Buying from ebay is a pain, everyone charges insane amounts for shipping. Another thing to watch out for is 2GB modules actually being 2x 1GB kits.