cheapest way to get RAM in New Zealand

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iZac64, Jan 30, 2008.

1. iZac64 macrumors newbie

As you can see in my sig I will be buying a macbook soon, I haven't decided on what colour I'll get but anyway I will be upgrading its RAM almost as soon as I get it. I am living in New Zealand (in the southern hemisphere) and I am looking to find the cheapest 4GB of RAM, the cheapest I've seen is $279NZD which is about $218USD, I don't mind if I buy out of the country but I'm not sure if newegg will ship here. Any suggestions appreciated!:eek:

2. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

3. Fossie macrumors member

Using pricespy.co.nz you can score 4gb 2x2gb crucial for ~$220NZ.
    I was researching last night, I'll be doing it to my MBP when penryn comes along.

4. pcuser2 macrumors member

And try ebay is a good suggestion also.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You'll need to weigh up between the cheapest (~$120) and something more reliable (~$220). Both of those are 2 GB, so you'll need 2 of each, and are both from sellers in NZ.

6. steken macrumors newbie

Try this link

Check out Ascent Technology which is a company based in Wellington, I have bought from them before and they are pretty good. Free postage and a whole range of products at competitive prices.

www.ascent.co.nz

7. Fossie macrumors member

Buying from ebay is a pain, everyone charges insane amounts for shipping. Another thing to watch out for is 2GB modules actually being 2x 1GB kits.